The following Operating Policy of the Clifton Community Library is effective September 6, 2016 as adopted by the Board of Trustees of the Clifton Community Library.
Hours of Operation The hours of operation of the Library shall be as follows:
- Mondays: 10:00 A.M. until 2:00 P.M. and 6:00 P.M. until 8:00 P.M.
- Tuesdays: 10:00 A.M. until 2:00 P.M.
- Wednesdays: 10:00 A.M. until 2:00 P.M. and 6:00 P.M. until 8:00 P.M.
- Thursdays: 10:00 A.M. until 2:00 P.M.
- Fridays: 10:00 A.M. until 2:00 P.M.
- Saturdays: 10:00 A.M. until 1:00 P.M.
The library follows the federal guidelines for paid holidays put forth by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management. The library is closed on the days those holidays are observed. The holidays observed are:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- President’s Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veteran’s Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- and Christmas Day.
In addition, the library is closed Christmas Eve and New Years Eve during evening hours only.
Emergency Library Closure
The Library may occasionally be required to close due to weather, mechanical, personal, or other emergencies. The responsibility of closing the Library rests with the Librarian. In the event a staff member is unable to work their scheduled hours due to weather, mechanical, personal, or other emergency, the staff member shall contact the Librarian who will then attempt, if appropriate, to arrange alternate coverage to ensure the library is open to the public as stated in the Operating Policy.
In the event of an emergency closing, the Librarian shall notify the Chairman of the Board of Trustees as soon as possible of the need to close. If a staff member attempts to contact the Librarian concerning an emergency closing, and the Librarian is unavailable, the staff member shall attempt to arrange coverage, if appropriate, and shall notify the Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the need to close.
All employees scheduled to work during a period of weather or mechanical emergency closure shall be paid at the regular rate for all hours missed due to said closure.
Standard Rules of Behavior
- Smoking is prohibited in the Library.
- Shoes and a shirt must be worn in the Library.
- Verbal and physical fighting are not allowed.
- Boisterous behavior, including foul language, is not allowed.
- Individuals caught defacing Library Property or materials shall be required to make full restitution, and may have their library privileges revoked.